First Cultural Attachment Experience

The first cultural attachment experience I had was with the Thunder Bay Friendship Center. I often talk about them when I am doing a presentation on cultural attachment because they were a program that brought about cultural teachings to me. I was in their little eagles program. I was also a dancer and a part of the Lions dance troupe. This program involved regalia making, drumming, singing, dancing, cultural teachings, and most of all living in a cultural way.

I really appreciated this program in an urban area as they promoted and instill the Anishinaabe in me.  Some of the programs that are of interest to me are ones such as this.  Cultural is so important to our way of life, and we have only begun to open that door a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment